The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business or commercial purpose, two separate lists identifying: (i) the categories of personal information disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed, and (ii) the categories of personal information sold, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected or maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We are not obligated to provide information to you in response to your verifiable consumer request for access or portability more than twice in a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an Authorized Agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We are unable to fulfill your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. With few exceptions, we will only review and fulfill a request from your Authorized Agent if (a) you grant the Authorized Agent written permission to make a request on your behalf, (b) you or the Authorized Agent provides us notice of that written permission, and (c) we are able to verify your identity in connection with that notice and the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Verifying Your Identity
Before completing your request to exercise the below, we will verify that the request came from you by comparing the identifying information provided by you in your request with any personal information we maintain about you at that time. For all requests, we will need the consumer’s full name plus the following information: (i) email address; (ii) residential address; and (iii) telephone number.
To protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we may request additional information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. This information may include your driver’s license or other government-issued identification number. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. You may also be asked to complete and provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer who is the subject of the request in certain circumstances. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights Regarding the “Sale” of Your Personal Information
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into the sale of personal information at any time by adjusting your cookie preferences to accept all or certain cookies. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. You may be required to provide us with additional contact information so that we may verify your request to opt-in to the sale of your personal information. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.